Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I See the Light!

On Saturday, January 29th, I FINALLY made time to take a photography class. With the support of Daddy Marko, I was able to attend the 12-hour class without having to worry about the girls!

It was an intimate class of 5 students in the beautiful town of Coronado. We met at Tidelands Park. We had the famous Coronado bridge as a backdrop during the day and made our way over to the Coronado Ferry Landing at night. Hector was the name of our instructor. He once had a job as a Civil Engineer and was laid off a few years ago... Now he is living out his dream of being a professional photographer, specializing in weddings. On the side, he has chosen to share his knowledge with the rest of us.

Hector offered so much more than I expected. Because it was such a small class, he was able to spend much needed one-on-one time with each of us. I walked into class that morning knowing that I enjoyed taking pictures with my Canon Rebel. I thought I was content with my photos. Did I really understand all the functions of my camera? NO. But I can confidently say that after spending one full day with him, I get it! I finally get it! I see the light! I understand how to adjust my aperture or shutter speed to let in as much or as little light as I want! I now pay attention to the ISO, which I never knew even existed. I can even shoot in manual mode! Yes! I no longer end up with white photos aka super over-exposed photos when shooting in manual. I understand how to read the meter. It feels so good to finally know what all these photographers are talking about:) So if anyone is interested in the class, check out the website, pick a date and give Hector a call! I promise you it'll be worth every penny! http://www.dslrclasses.com/#39

Here are some of my fave shots taken that night! San Diego is absolutely stunning, isn't it?! I'm so blessed to be a resident of this beautiful city!

Check out the plane in this one. I had the shutter speed at 30".




I almost want to print out postcards of this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment